BBQ Mussel Paella
Updated: Apr 26
70ml Canola Oil
250g White Onion, peeled and finely chopped
30g Garlic crushed
20g Smoked Paprika
350g Carnaroli rice
800ml Chicken stock and the juice from the mussel pouches
3 Bay leaves
350g Tomatoes chopped finely
2kg Omega Mussels
150g Chorizo, diced
160g Whole roasted capsicum/red peppers, drained and sliced
140g Baby peas frozen
Season with salt & Pepper & Parsley
1) Heat oil in Paella pan or high sided pan
2) Add chopped onion and cook on medium for 4-5mins, then add garlic and cook for a further couple minutes until soft.
3) Add spices and bay leaves to cook out for another 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes
4) Add all the rice evenly into the pan, add the chicken and mussel stock to the pan and spread evenly. Cook on a medium/low heat allowing the rice grains to soften and absorb the liquid.
5) Once liquid absorbed and rice has softened add the chorizo, peppers, peas and mussels. Let the mussels heat through.
6) Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley